LinkedIn is mainly used as a professional Social Media platform so if you haven’t already got an account for your business, now is the time to set one up!
So, once you’re all ready to go, how do you get started? Well, the following is seven steps on how to create a LinkedIn profile full of quality and professionalism. They are so easy, you’ll be an expert in no time!
- Go with the flow. Sometimes speaking to people you’ve never met before can be really daunting. But new connections is a really good thing! You never know where it may lead. Be friendly and happy because this will keep companies on side.
- Always be polite. It sounds silly but you’d be surprised at how many people forget when they’re under pressure. This will create a positive vibe around your brand and make more people want to work with you. ‘Manners cost nothing’, as they say!
- Respect others. Regardless of whether they are a competitor or not, it’s never a good idea to disrespect others – especially online where the whole wide World can see. Rise above it, respect other users and your brand will remain a positive one!
- Find people to work with. LinkedIn is a fantastic opportunity to start new projects with new people. Branch out and find fun and exciting companies to collaborate with.
- Be friendly and offer to help others. One of the easiest ways to gain a positive vibe around your brand is to be friendly and supportive to those around you. It can be any company – the likelihood is they will massively appreciate it and the World will be able to see your good spirit.
- Ask for help yourself! LinkedIn is a really friendly community and there are lots of free resources to help build your profile. The site itself will often tell you if information needs to be added or changed so make sure you take this advice and only share what’s necessary to your business.
- Jump in at the deep end. We know it’s scary but it could lead to amazing opportunities. Nobody ever became successful without taking risks so make sure you engage in conversation and get your brand out there.
How easy is that? 7 simple steps to get your profile up and running on LinkedIn. You may just be pleasantly surprised at how much you could gain from this great (and free!) resource. What are you waiting for? Give it a go!